6 good reasons for in|sure Partner:
The comprehensive consideration of customer data enables, for example, the simple identification of cross-selling potential.
in|sure Partner maps all processes necessary for central, case-closing processing within a user-friendly software application.
With a central partner system, our software guarantees consistent personal data, even across business divisions.
Partner management enables the networking of various departments, the most up-to-date data sets and, alongside this, synergies in case processing.
A fully developed interface concept supports uncomplicated linking with the different systems within the various departments and divisions, as well as test systems.
in|sure Partner is based on a framework that has been awarded the XCelent Technology Award for technical innovation.
The evolutionary customer and personal database solution at a glance.
What sets our product apart:
- Central case-closing processing for all divisions
- Centralise and protect information across business divisions (e.g. fiscal aspects)
- Restrictions on permissions (separation of business divisions, blocking, deletion)
- Linking of systems in various departments/divisions; including of existing test systems (e.g. Uniserv, ESW adressware)
- Quick creation within a dialogue
- Consideration of all data protection regulations (DSGVO, BDSG)
in|sure Partner removes the load of non-profit-generating administrative tasks and supports you in your core business with the following functionalities:
- Compilation of personal data, of both legal and natural persons
- Creation of communication connections with the partner such as addresses, telephone/fax, email, etc.
- Presentation of the partner’s possible bank details, with their primary intended uses (collections/disbursements)
- Mapping of partner roles, assigned primarily by the division/ policy/ benefit system
- Mapping of relationships between partners without mandatory technical insurance dependencies
- Maintenance of customer contacts (letters, phone calls etc.)
- SEPA mandates, both in the form of framework and individual mandates
- Context-related jumping to the connected technical systems
- Simple interface integration for web applications
- Clear traceability of historic data inventories
- Simple integration into existing system landscapes thanks to the service-oriented architecture